3.1K views

If you are ever in the search for an American Bully, Pitbull style dog DO NOT get one from Christopher Thornton at Bayou Bully Kennels in Minden, Louisiana. He is a low down dirty crook who talks and talks like he is a reputable breeder with quality American bully style Pit Bulls but DO NOT believe a word he says!!! This pup was for my son and he is now heartbroken due to the condition of his dog, it is sickly and very unhealthy and he will do nothing to help let alone answer his phone. The only thing we got was excuses until we finally stopped calling.

We purchased a dog off of him and it was a horrific experience. We got our pup and it was infested with worms, it had demodectic MANGE which made all of the pups hair fall out, I mean huge patches of hair missing all over its body.

We had to spend thousands of dollars to treat the pup and he still isn't completely healthy after a year of treatment. I spoke to a few people who are also breeders local to him because I was so upset and they said he is nothing but a crook, he is a backyard breeder, liar, and the dogs are all treated as money makers for him used as a puppy mill. His house is a mess and the yard is completely infested with fecal matter which the dogs play and roll around in. They said we made a big mistake using Chris Thornton at Bayou Bully Kennels as he is known to the area to be a very dirty dealing individual.

I wanted to make this post to forewarn anybody in the market for a Pitbull, Bully, American Bully, ABKC, Razors Edge, Gottiline, XXL style dog to NOT deal with him or you WILL regret it.

There are many many other good breeders out there who are true professional kennels, like Devils Den Bullies they seem to be the best. I saw pictures of Christopher Thorntons house where he keeps his dogs and it was a mess, I wish I would have known all of this before we purchased the pup.

He said he would reimburse the pup and help pay for the costs but refused to return any of our calls afterwards.

We have contacted the local Animal Humane authorities to investigate his Kennel and have him shut down. He comes off like he is a good guy but trust me you DO NOT want to go through hat I had to go through with him. It took us to call the authorities to have him email us and he threatened us saying you don't know how we roll in the south and that he will come find us. That is why i posted this in an alias name because I wouldn't put it past him from what I heard. But he knows who I am regardless, luckily he does not have our home address.

Take this lesson learned from my family and I.... DO NOT EVER DEAL WITH BAYOU BULLY KENNELS or you WILL regret it, I can assure you that. I wish I cold post a picture of my dog for you to see how awful he looks, however we still love him and he is part of our family.

Sincerely disappointed X customer,

Brian.

Had an Experience with Bayou Bully Kennels?

Comments

I dated his brother for 7 years and I saw the dogs many times and even feed, watered and cleaned out the kinnels.As for who really takes care of the dogs and where they are at, is his dad James Thornton.

Chris lives out of state most of the time, so he doesn't deal with the dogs much and I've told him over and over to move the dogs or hire someone else to look after them. He doesn't because he doesn't want to kick his dad out of the house or off the land. Again, I had to deal with that family for 7 years and I haven't seen any of them since 2015, so IDK what the area is like now. I might ride out and see if it's as bad as some are saying now.

And yes, Chris does act like he has a silver spoon in his mouth and up his ***, but I've never seen HIM do anything bad to the dogs. As for coming to kick your ***, it's all talk.

He won't do ***; he just likes to puff his chest out like a *** bird.If there is something wrong, it's because of James.

That type of mange is a weak immune system, every pup born has the mites from the mom.It takes a long time for a dogs skin to get that bad.

If you got the pup and it had a bald spot , take it to vet asap get mite drops $100 , give it lots of protein ie meat and vitamins for the immune system. I have got a blue coat, it got a fever from bacterial infection as a pup, the immune system got weak, and mites flair up.

Its not caused by kennels, or other dogs.Its normal, but if you start seeing a few patches got to vet asap.

i have a american bully, i did months of research on the breeder, kennel, adult dogs and pups.its ashame what your going thru and i hate to see a animal suffer!

you are a good person for helping your family member thru the good and bad and i respect you for that!!did you get a chance to see the kennel or other pups and dogs before you purchased your pup?

Sad for the dog but not you...there are 100000s of thousands of great dogs in shelters needing a home and even more who get killed because people like you who BUY a dog from a "breeder" therefore promoting the ill health and death of the dogs they produce. So shame on you ..you are just at fault as the *** you bought dog from

to Anonymous Deridder, Louisiana, United States #1085385

Ha!

Why is someone willing to spend money on the dog they want ridiculed?

Some people don't want a problem dog, or the chance at buying one. Some people want to raise their new "child" from a pup.

Do you feel the same way about human children? Should we not "breed" until every group home and orphanage is empty?

Go suck an egg.

to Anonymous Morganton, North Carolina, United States #1157672

Statistics shows that breeders is not the cause of over population of dogs and on rare occasions there is a purebred dog either owner or breeder comes to claim the dog she done a great job taking care of that pup and deserves the up most respect

to Anonymous #1383038

WHATS WRONG WITH BUYING A PUPPY FROM A BREEDER???

ive seen his dogs, they are poor, mistreated, and I would love to prove that he uses them as bait dogs because the male my friend got from him was badly beaten (*** and tear marks) and hair was completely gone from the neck when he had been chained too tightly. horrible person

to Anonymous #1383555

I can assure you he doesn't do that.I dated his brother for 7 years and I saw the dogs many times.

There was a dog that he had that kept chewing and pushing through the fence, which most likely caused the cuts. As for who really takes care of the dogs and where they are at, is his dad James Thornton. Chris lives out of state most of the time and I've told him over and over to move the dogs or hire someone else to look after them. He doesn't because he doesn't want to kick his dad out of the house or off the land.

And yes, Chris does act like he has a silver spoon in his mouth and up his ***, but I've never seen HIM do anything bad to the dogs.If there is something wrong, it's because of James.

Arlington, Tennessee, United States #824838

Bayou bullies is a terrible breeder and his only goal is money not the betterment of the breed. This guy is nothing more than a puppy mill. Churning out as many litters as he can so his poor dogs can try to support his lifestyle.